Fatal System Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm having some issues with my desktop. It is a Dell and the OS is Windows XP Home Edition. Well, my screen has a blue background and it looks like this:

Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0eedfade (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I have no idea what that means and it puts me in a bind because I go to class online and right now I'm using a family member's laptop. Can someone PLEASE walk me through this? I can't even get on my personal page because it goes back to the blue screen.

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Cn you boot into Safe Mode?

I can boot into safe mode and when it comes to the logon page, it freezes up and goes into the blue screen with all of what I mentioned earlier. Is there a way to bypass it to get it working. Dr. Watson is my default debugger and I really don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back