Faulty laptop replacement screen?

Hello,

I recently replaced my Lenovo 3305 laptop screen. However, when I turn back on there’s no display, just lots of white lines horizontally.

I plugged my old screen back in and it works (the old screen is cracked but still semi functional).

Am I doing something wrong or does this seem like a faulty replacement screen?
Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• 0FA741BB-2F01-4CF9-ADBC-CA1A4EE0782E.jpeg
    0FA741BB-2F01-4CF9-ADBC-CA1A4EE0782E.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 3
You should send that screenshot to the supplier. I guess there is a chance that the new screen is the wrong one for your laptop? I did a screen replacement and it powered up dark and when I took it apart and put the old screen in it worked so I was all set to send the new one back but I thought..let me try it once more and it worked fine. I guess I just didn't put the connector on just right. <boggle>

You should send that screenshot to the supplier. I guess there is a chance that the new screen is the wrong one for your laptop? I did a screen replacement and it powered up dark and when I took it apart and put the old screen in it worked so I was all set to send the new one back but I thought..let me try it once more and it worked fine. I guess I just didn't put the connector on just right. <boggle>
Thank you for the response - I retry the connection one last time and return screen if this fails. Hope Your day goes well :)

I had a problem like that before and it turned out to be a bad LCD cable. But it work with your old screen so like the other guy said it may not be a compatible screen.

Back