Favorite music player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.

For music i use Winamp. There isn't anything better.

For videos i use KMPlayer.
It's similar to VLC, but has better subtitle support and other features that i like to use. When playing a 1080p video that doesn't work on that computer i can put the program in super speed mode and it will lower the quality a bit (not noticeable except for the subs which don't look as crisp) and it plays without any problems.

Winamp is good and so is JetAudio. It is free (like winamp they have a pro version) plus you can burn, rip, broadcast etc. Much like winamp

Winamp is good and so is JetAudio. It is free (like winamp they have a pro version) plus you can burn, rip, broadcast etc. Much like winamp

I also used JetAudio years ago, but since Winamp is smaller and faster i didn't change back. i remember JetAudio did have some cool features that winamp didn't have, but now i don't know how it is.

i used to stick to the WMP 11 series since its released. combined with complete codec pack its almost versatile to play anything.

now, using foobar2000 because i hear the differences, and there are more add-ons which i need such as upmix stereo mp3 to 5.1 speakers since my dolby prologic IIx is not decent enough.

foobar2000 + 1

I've been using it for about 6 years now, and haven't had the need or desire for any other player. It just keeps getting better.

The few main reasons I like it so much is because It's clean, simple, lightweight, and extremely customizable - you'll get out of it exactly what you put into it, in every way.

i used to stick to the WMP 11 series since its released. combined with complete codec pack its almost versatile to play anything.

now, using foobar2000 because i hear the differences, and there are more add-ons which i need such as upmix stereo mp3 to 5.1 speakers since my dolby prologic IIx is not decent enough.

I may be wrong, but Dolby Prologic IIx will extend any signal to a 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound field, so if the incoming signal is decoded already, the DPIIx extension is going to be working with a decoded / possibly lower quality signal which will negatively affect the final output.

I think you should investigate which device is decoding your signal initially, and how you're transferring the signal (analog, digital coax / optical, HDMI, etc.) because that's more than likely the issue.

Winamp 2.x

I used Winamp 5 when it was first new and it was great, Winamp 2 was great for audio, Winamp 3 did audio and video but was ugly, Winamp 5 was the best of both worlds. And then... it became super bloated, even unchecking a ton of stuff from the install you still have a bloated music player.

Many years ago I came across a 'prealpha' of Winamp 5 which is fantastic. But it isn't up to date on security features, but I don't know that that matters any if you trust your music library and aren't using a music player as a web browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back