FCC may allow passengers to make in-flight cellular calls

1. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is all set to consider allowing the use of cellular services during airline flights, with an open meeting scheduled for December 12 to discuss the proposal. "Modern technologies can deliver mobile services in the air...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

Parents rejoice! Your crying child will no longer be the most annoying thing on the plane!
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

No frickin' way. I'll walk before sitting on an airplane with people yakking away on their cellphones. It's already irritating enough. To be stuck on a multi-hour flight and having to listen to it right next to and all around you? Forget it.
  4. Guest17

Guest17 TS Enthusiast Posts: 92   +37

I can hear the flight attendant saying, "...and if you would like to use your cellphone, please just step outside the plane..."
    p51d007 likes this.
  5. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 853   +352

Oh goodie...another reason NOT to fly. Bad enough when you are stuck someplace with 3-4 people yacking on the phone, now have a flying tube filled with *****s yapping away.
  6. Do cell phones still make 'static'/interference noise on speakers with incoming calls?
  7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,161

If they allow calls in-flight, I suspect pilot licensing and private aircraft sales will go thru the roof. I know I won't be hopping on any commercial flights anymore.