FCC, wireless carriers strike deal to end 'bill shock'

By Jos
Oct 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Major wireless service providers in the U.S. have struck a deal with the Federal Communications Commission to warn customers about impending overage charges for voice, text and data use. Under…

Read the whole story
  2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I starting texting someone without knowing their specific carrier. After a month and a thousand sent texts, I now know that she isn't Verizon. Verizon cut me a deal and cut my overage charge in half when I called them. That was decent of them, but I'd have preferred a call or a text warning me.
  3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

what i have problem with the most is the random so called network fees they incur every now and then without notice. and customers have no way to say no to it.. they just appear on your bill every few months... wireless industry is turning into bull crap.
  4. war59312

war59312 TS Booster Posts: 114

FCC once again fails to do the right thing!!! Both rules should be law and enforced within 30 days.

Not leaving it to the companies to do the right thing. They only "do the right thing" when forced to by law.

Another example of how cowardly the FCC has become!!