TechSpot

Feature complete Firefox 4 Beta 7 release is ‘imminent’

By Jos
Oct 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has announced during its Weekly Update meeting that the code freeze release of Firefox 4 Beta is now imminent. The company was originally slated to complete Beta 7 in September, but had to delay its release twice due to some unresolved bugs. Considering that RC1 was set to arrive in the second half of October, Mozilla has already warned users it may not be able to meet that mark. As far as the feature complete beta is concerned, though, we may have news in the next few days.

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Is the Graphics acceleration set on as default? or will it require that little tweak you mentioned a few weeks back to switch it on?

I guess we won't know till this comes out I guess.

3. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 135

Yes. The graphics acceleration is set to on by default.

4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm firing up IE9 beta, Chrome and Firefox from time to time to look at the same page, and Firefox really lags.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Strange I do that as well but my IE9 starts quickest then my Firefox 3.6 then eventually Chrome?

and thanks bugejakurt :)

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 881   +130

Also same here. With regard to page load time and software load time... Chrome > IE9 Beta > Firefox Beta

7. I can be enabled in the options menu.
    You wont have to do registry tweaks

try Minefield (the Devbuilds)
    any you can do it like that

8. sorry folks. expect some more postponements (delays) in the release of Firefox 4.0 Beta 7. It may or may not be released by the end of October due to some more unresolved, crash-producing bugs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.