TechSpot

Fed up With Server OS

By SlipknotHate
Nov 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im fed up with Server 2000 and Server 2003 so I am going to bring in my Suse 9.3 Linux and install it on my school server that I administrate. How can I link my server to the other Servers like all be on the same Network as they are. Step - by - step instructions will helpful thanks.
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

How much do you know about Suse ??

Regards
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Or, how much do you know about Linux? :p

Also, what do you mean by "link"? No, you cannot make Linux behave exactly like a Windows server.
  4. SlipknotHate

SlipknotHate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

I know a little about Linux thats why I asked for Step - by - Step instructions. By 'linking' the servers together, well nevermind cause I am running a Triple boot system now. (Server 2000, Server 2003, and Suse 9.3) so if I want to share files I'll just boot up in a different system. I heard Novell is going to my Suse compatiable with Windows.

WINE is a different story, if being able to install WINE shows you how much I know about Linux I've always been stumped trying to install it.

Ahahahahahahah
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.