Fedora 7 Installation fails at end of Formatting/file system

By hynesy
Aug 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedora 7 Installation fails at end of Formatting/file system amd all i get to see is one BIG X on the screen, I have checked the disk integrety through its own installation.
    Any help would be great
    Cheers
    Hynesy
  2. hynesy

hynesy TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 445

The error i recieved is actually happens when it is copying the files to the hard drive, it says this file is corrupt of missing pciutils-2.2.4-3.fc7.i836.rpm and asks for a reboot. I used the built in disk check before the install and it says no problems. I also ran the SHA1 checksum and there was no problems there.
    cheers
    Hynesy
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Test the hard drive and the RAM too.
  4. hynesy

hynesy TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 445

It was just a faulty DVD drive, I have fedora 7 successfully installed, just two problems remain, I need to access the internet using my netgear wireless card model WG311 v3 and the second problem is can i access my second hard drive that i stored my files on through linux, i believe it NTFS file system.
    cheers
    Hynesy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.