Fedora Partition Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to uninstall my partition of fedora core 9, and I know that I have to first wipe the partition by using a partition manager, however I'm not sure how to reinstate the vista bootloader as I did not get a recovery cd with my laptop. I have an IBM thinkpad and all the setup files are on a hidden partition on my C:\ drive. Any ideas how I'm suppose to do this?

You can ignore the Linux partition for now -- your issue is to correct the MBR to avoid
referencing it.

see this

Once your options are ONLY Windows, you use the Disk Mgr to reformat the Linux partition into NFS for Windows use :)

The problem is that I DON't have an installation disc? When I reboot, how the heck am I supposed to get into the recovery console using the vista setup files that are on a hidden partition on my C drive??

read the third link - you can download a program at your own risk to repair the boot loader, but installing one when you have completely destoyed it by putting XP or Linux boot loader in it's place does require access to recovery console.

Maybe someone else can help ?

Nevermind, I first blasted away the partition with disk manager, then, when rebooting, it took me to the grub console, except without booting from the sector vista's on. I had to manually in console change boot sectors by going chainloader +1. That got me to the vista boot up.Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back