Feedback on desktop from Costco

andoyan

Hello All,
I am looking for a new desktop and I found this on Costco's website, I need some feed back on to if this is a good or bad chose. I would appreciate any and all help.
Thank you
Jon
ZT Affinity
Processor & Memory: Intel® Core™ i7-870 Processor (2.93GHz) Intel® H55 Express Chipset 16GB DDR3 memory Drives:2TB SATA II Hard Drive ,DVD±RW / Blu-Ray Player Combo Drive Front Panel 19-in-1 digital multimedia card reader .Graphics: ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Video Card w/ 1GB VRAM, Supports dual display operation, DX11 Communications: 10/100/1000 Mb/s LAN Audio:8-CH High-Definition Audio CODEC Keyboard & Mouse: USB Keyboard USB Mouse Expandability (total bays/slots): 2 x 5.25" external (1 occupied) 1 x 3.5" external (1 occupied) 4 x 3.5" internal (1 occupied) 1 x PCIe x16 2 x PCIe x1 1 x PCI Ports: 8 x USB 2.0 ports (2 Font, 6 Rear) 2 x PS/2 Keyboard / mouse port 1 x HDMI Port 1 x VGA port 1 x DVI port 6 x Audio ports 1 x RJ-45 network port Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Additional Software: Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 Additional Information: Dimensions: (HxWxD): 13.9" x 7.1" x 16.9" (approx.) Power supply: 350W Lifetime, 24/7 toll-free phone support 1 Year Limited Parts & Labor Warranty Email and fax support M-F from 9am-6pm EST For information,
ZT Affinity

All these system spec's that you have shown here are great, they look good, but on paper any computer can look impressive.

When I'm contracted to build someone a new computer, rather than looking over system spec's, the first question I ask my clients is "what do you plan to do with it"? I try to build my systems around the needs of the person first and worry about system spec's last.

So as I do with my clients, I will poise this to you.............."what do you plan to do with it"? "What do you need out of a computer"?

Answer that first, then look at these system spec's and see if it falls in-line with your computing needs!

I completely agree with Zen, Also if you are confident enough building a new computer can be a worthwhile experience instead of being overcharged for a pre-built on.

Back