Few questions about 4870 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is an excellent monitor, the PSU I am going say will do it, but I hope someone else chimes in because I do not know that much about the power requirements of that video card.

Well keep in mind i already have a 4870x2 in my system just asking if this is enough for another 4870x2 lol

That is the PSU I have...love it, very stable power and the single 52A +12v rail is huge. From some of the reports I've read, a single / high +12 rail is more stable than several +12v rails splitting the amperage...and with the higher end cards, the amperage is just as important, if not more than the volts.

The Ultra PSU will not be enough for two 4870X2s. You will need a new one. I recommend the OCZ EliteXStream 1kW or the FSP Epsilon/Everest 900W.

As for your question, with a single 4870X2, I play at 2560x1600 on my current display. That's the only resolution you should aim for, since no other single card touches it there. COD4 and Oblivion have to be seen to be believed at that res.

As for your question, with a single 4870X2, I play at 2560x1600 on my current display. That's the only resolution you should aim for, since no other single card touches it there. COD4 and Oblivion have to be seen to be believed at that res.

Then again the 24" monitor is only good for up to 1920x1200 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back