"File In Use" Cannot save or update to network shares

Status
Not open for further replies.
The symptom is that whenever I try to save a file to a network share I get a message popup that says the file is in use by another program and the action cannot be completed. It does not matter what program I am using. However any program will save to my local drives just fine.

After a failed attempt to save a file on a network share, a temp file created by the program I was using will be left behind. Most of the time I cannot delete the temp files because I get an access denied or file in use message.

Also, if trying to copy a file from a network share I will get a file in use message.

This issue only occures from one PC that I use to do my work and have been saving my data on the network share for years. The other PC will save to the network share just fine. I am running Vista Ultimate, the network share is an XP machine.

My subscription to McAfee ran out for about 3 weeks. I think that is when something infected my PC.

I have updated my subscription to McAfee and run a full scan and only a few minor tracking cookies were detected.

Now I have completed the 8 step virus malware removel process and included the logs here. I am amaxed at how many problems were found that McAfee did not detect. But even after the 8 step process the issue remains.

For the Java step, since I could not tell how to remove prior versions for sure I just removed them all, completed the rest of the steps and them reinstalled Java 6.13.

I appreciate any help or direction.

Respectfully

Kolin

Malwarebytes shows
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0656a137-b161-cadd-9777-e37a75727e78} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
configure it to perform repair :)

Thank You jobeard,

I should have attached the after repair file.

The new attachment shows nothing left to do... ???

Best

Sorry I should have been more clear.

I followed the 8 step process for removal. I ran and removed logged and repaired in order all yesterday.

So First I ran CCleaner and ran it several times to make sure there were no more items to clean, then I ran Malwarebytes and repaired and reran a full scan to make sure there were no more items.

Then I ran SuperAntiSpyware and after it dected even more items I repaired and re-ran it, and finally Hijackthis for the log.

So now with what appears to be a clean system and many things cleaned up, I still have the exact same issue.

Many Thanks

Kolin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back