TechSpot

File recovery after re-partitioning

By Alannon
Jun 14, 2005
  1. I have managed to lose a number of irreplacable digital pictures while I was reformatting. Aside from some being family things, a number of the pictures are being used to track the growth/recession of cancer on a horse. I have to get these pictures back. However, the recovery program I am using (Restoration Version 3) is unable to find any trace of them. I know that I have reformatted and repartitioned my harddrive, which is how I lost them, and that this is why my program can't find them. However, as I mentioned earlier, I need to get these back.

Does anyone know of a program that could help me? Or even a manual procedure I could follow, doesn't really matter to me. Thanks!

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Unfortunately sometimes after data has been lost, one way to get it back is to send it to a professional data recovery company. I have not personally used any recovery software, but others might have had much better luck. Be patient and wait for others to post back

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

3. Alannon

Alannon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome; I certainly hope someone here can help me, I need to get those pictures back ASAP...

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

5. clive795

clive795 TS Rookie

You could also try photorecovery pro from :: http://www.lc-tech.com/
    I have used it to recover tiff files with very good results when my usual data recovery software found nothing !

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.