TechSpot

File recovery

By lataak
Jul 7, 2008
  1. I had a Dell PC that has Windows Service Pack 2 installed on it. But it failed to start up recently because I deleted important system files by mistake when I was cleaning virus manually. Then I tried to repair using recovery console but it didn't work. Later on I was trying to repair it using Windows CD. In the middle of repairing, it asks for a file called ialmudlg.exe. I downloaded that file gave it to the installer but it didn't continue the installation and again asks for the file. To be honest, I don't know what this file is. The thing is I need to get my important files in My documents and desktop folders. How can I do that? Or can I finish the repair installation? I have another Windows OS on D:\ now.

Oh I got it! I got it! Thanks God. Read the following article if you need answer on this.
    1) A post by Rick in techspot as topic8914.html or
    2) http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

Thank you techspot members.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,450   +324

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.