File transfer software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Im wondering if there is software out there that will bypass user permissions and ownership issues of private data

I got a HDD here that the first 2 sectors are corrupt so i am not able to take ownership of the files (it hangs on attempting to take ownership)

also if possible the software would function kind of like y-copy it doesnt stop when it reached a piece of data that it cant read, like silly windows file transfer.

Thanks
Chris

Take a look at Acronis 10... low cost, works great for most situations.
What I do, however, is put the hard drive in a USB enclosure (I like the Vantec NextStar), then plug the usb into another computer and copy everything to my hard drive, from which I burn everything to a DVD... A USB jump drive can also work, but you are at greater risk of losing data.
Of course you need to know where your data is, and if you do not, you will have difficulty copying internet, email and other files... in which Acronis is perhaps more helpful.

yea i do hook it up via usb HDD enclosure but when the user puts a password and hit the prompt to make files private, you cant access when you try to move it off of usb... same issue permissions... and since the HDD's first 2 sectors are corrupt i cant edit the permissions or take ownership. ill take a look at the app and probably buy it. it'd be good for the shop anyways

edit: I did take a look at the but it seems to be the same thing as norton ghost. If i do create a immage of the disk it wil stil have the permissions and would not be able to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back