Filming for Need for Speed movie begins in Macon, Georgia

By Shawn Knight
May 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Filming for the screen adaptation of Electronic Arts’ Need for Speed franchise has begun in an unlikely location: Macon, Georgia. A local car wash in the southern city is being used as the backdrop for at least a portion of...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,147   +740

A NFS movie? What has the world come to.
  3. What if they remove the Story as NFS Most wanted 2012? either way its gonna be really bad but profitable due to the amount of morons on this planet
  4. Ravik

Ravik Newcomer, in training Posts: 44   +8

A Lamborghini in Georgia...now there's something you don't see every day! :)
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 876   +292

Actually, you can see them all the time in Buckhead and occasionally in East Cobb. Though, the only reason you would drive a lambo around here is as a public display of your love for S&M (we've got rough roads in Georgia).
  6. Great, I need some speed.
  7. mrcavooter

mrcavooter TechSpot Member Posts: 65   +7

Straight to DVD
  8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

Dreamworks never made such low-budget schlock...
  9. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

Great! It's about to time to take a break after the F & F franchise :)
  10. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 785   +86

Better have explosions.
  11. The last good Need For Speed was Hot Pursuit 2 while Hot Pursuit (2010) does look decent. The developers really "steered" away from the good old classic racing with detailed show case of each car with great music. Nowadays it's 3D models with over the top modding, over
    sexualised woman and "tagging the streets".

I want this back!
    ;-;
  12. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,238   +335

I will wait for a good torrent.
  13. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Im willing to give this movie a chance. Now as all of us gamers know, what sounds good as a movie sometimes doesnt MAKE a good movie. I can point to ANY number of games made into movies that flopped so hard. Mario......anyone?? Money doesnt mean it will be a good movie, just that they can throw lots at their Special effects budget. I will do as I usually do in situations such as this. Wait.....and see.

14. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 877   +94

Hey I know what sells really well these days, movies where people get framed or accused of doing something they didn't do and then having a car chase span the entire movie. Wait that's like the sad attempt at a story every N4S game has had to date. Then lets make a B grade movie and push it as an A grade movie, no one will ever know, Faster got away with it, Half the Fast and the Furious movies got away with it, and countless other movies that seem to follow the exact same formula... Not going to pay to see this, wait for the download, do yourself a favor.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.