Filming for Need for Speed movie begins in Macon, Georgia

Shawn Knight

Staff member

speed georgia movie need for speed

Filming for the screen adaptation of Electronic Arts’ Need for Speed franchise has begun in an unlikely location: Macon, Georgia. A local car wash in the southern city is being used as the backdrop for at least a portion of the Dreamworks Studios film according to a news report from 13WMAZ.

Details are a bit thin at this hour but we do know that sections of the city in and around the car wash are being closed over the next few weeks for filming.

The film will tell the story of a local street racer that gets into a partnership with a wealthy business-minded colleague that ultimately lands him in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. The protagonist eventually escapes from prison, hell-bent on exacting revenge against the man that framed him.

We know that Aaron Paul will play the lead role alongside Michael Keaton. Paul is most known for his role as Jesse Pinkman in the AMC hit series Breaking Bad while Keaton is most known for playing the title character in Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice and Bruce Wayne / Batman in two Batman films. Other high-profile names associated with the movie include Imogen Poots, Dominic Cooper, Kid Cudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson.

A release date was originally set for February 8, 2014 but has since been pushed backed to March 14, 2014. That’s probably due to the fact that filming was scheduled to begin last month but is running about a month behind.

Permalink to story.

What if they remove the Story as NFS Most wanted 2012? either way its gonna be really bad but profitable due to the amount of morons on this planet

A Lamborghini in Georgia...now there's something you don't see every day! :)

Actually, you can see them all the time in Buckhead and occasionally in East Cobb. Though, the only reason you would drive a lambo around here is as a public display of your love for S&M (we've got rough roads in Georgia).

The last good Need For Speed was Hot Pursuit 2 while Hot Pursuit (2010) does look decent. The developers really "steered" away from the good old classic racing with detailed show case of each car with great music. Nowadays it's 3D models with over the top modding, over
sexualised woman and "tagging the streets".

I want this back!
;-;

Im willing to give this movie a chance. Now as all of us gamers know, what sounds good as a movie sometimes doesnt MAKE a good movie. I can point to ANY number of games made into movies that flopped so hard. Mario......anyone?? Money doesnt mean it will be a good movie, just that they can throw lots at their Special effects budget. I will do as I usually do in situations such as this. Wait.....and see.

Hey I know what sells really well these days, movies where people get framed or accused of doing something they didn't do and then having a car chase span the entire movie. Wait that's like the sad attempt at a story every N4S game has had to date. Then lets make a B grade movie and push it as an A grade movie, no one will ever know, Faster got away with it, Half the Fast and the Furious movies got away with it, and countless other movies that seem to follow the exact same formula... Not going to pay to see this, wait for the download, do yourself a favor.

Back