TechSpot

Final Fantasy 11 Problem

By jadf970
Oct 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, to start with I'm not very computer savvy, and I happened to find this forum looking for an answer to my problem.

I recently bought Final Fantasy 11 and sat through the installation (that seemed to take forever) to find that after I had everything set up, every time I would go try to make a character the game would "freeze." Now the music in the background kept playing, but the screen looked like it wouldn't completely load. I let it sit once for about 5 minutes and nothing happened. I had to use task manager each time to close the game.

Here are the stats on my laptop (Copy paste from one of the "can I run it" websites)

-Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz
    -2.0 GB of ram
    -Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000)
    -Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family)-- The site had said I would not be able to run it because of the card, could this be the reason it wont load the create character screen?
    -All of my drivers seemed to be up to date and I had the latest version of Direct X installed as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. let me know if I left any information you may need out.
  2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

I would say that is why. The GPU is a MAJOR factor in gaming.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.