TechSpot

Final Fantasy 11 Problem

By jadf970
Oct 10, 2008
  1. Well, to start with I'm not very computer savvy, and I happened to find this forum looking for an answer to my problem.

I recently bought Final Fantasy 11 and sat through the installation (that seemed to take forever) to find that after I had everything set up, every time I would go try to make a character the game would "freeze." Now the music in the background kept playing, but the screen looked like it wouldn't completely load. I let it sit once for about 5 minutes and nothing happened. I had to use task manager each time to close the game.

Here are the stats on my laptop (Copy paste from one of the "can I run it" websites)

-Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz
    -2.0 GB of ram
    -Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000)
    -Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family)-- The site had said I would not be able to run it because of the card, could this be the reason it wont load the create character screen?
    -All of my drivers seemed to be up to date and I had the latest version of Direct X installed as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. let me know if I left any information you may need out.

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

I would say that is why. The GPU is a MAJOR factor in gaming.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.