Finally getting a new computer need help making sure I got everything right

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Conqueror

So I am now getting my new computer and I was wondering if everything is compatable.

CPU

Motherboard

RAM

Graphics card

Case
(I already got the case for christmas)

I am not quite sure what power supply to get looking to get one around $65, if that will work, any suggestions would be helpful

I am just going to use my old hard drive I think thats it
Hard drive

And I don't need any cd or dvd drives I got them too

Any comments or help is welcome thanks in advance

All good, everything will work together. My only comment is why are you buying an SLI deluxe mobo, but going with an ATI graphics card? If you want 2 ATI's in there then you need to look for a Crossfire mobo, not the SLI. SLI is made by and FOR nVidia graphics cards only. (6XXX, 7XXX and 8XXX series).

Cheers.

Looks good! Everything is compatible.

Are you planning to take parts from your current computer like the hard drive and the DVD drives? Taking the hard drive from your old computer will render it useless.

You shouldn't use that hard drive that you already have. Since it is a new computer, you should get the *new* SATA interface for your hard drive(s). That hard drive you are planning to swap is an old Ultra ATA/133 interface. A nice SATA drive wouldn't cost much anyway.

Besides, if you don't swap the hard drive out of your current setup for your new PC then you will have two computers in the end.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I am getting the sli board with ati because I plan on buy it on ebay (click here it is only $140 buy it now but it is also used and pulled from a system but that is a risk I am willing to take since the seller has good feedback and a 30 day return. I never plan on using crossfire so would it still be ok? The reason I am keeping my old hard-drive is because I still have an extra one laying around for my old system, but I still might take your advice, would it make computer faster if I did and if so by how much. Also do you guys have any suggestions for a powersupply. Thanks a lot for the help so far

C_Conqueror said:
So I am now getting my new computer and I was wondering if everything is compatable.

CPU

Motherboard

RAM

Graphics card

Case
(I already got the case for christmas)

I am not quite sure what power supply to get looking to get one around $65, if that will work, any suggestions would be helpful

I am just going to use my old hard drive I think thats it
Hard drive

And I don't need any cd or dvd drives I got them too

Any comments or help is welcome thanks in advance
Everything looks good but the graphics card... Why are you getting the ATI Reference Model for 80$ more than the rest? Not only that, but I've heard that the stock cooler has some.... problems.... lots of people have been reporting that using the stock cooler sometimes their card overheats.

For example, look at this Powercolor 1950PRO. Same chip, better cooler (Arctic Cooling's Accelero I believe), smaller price.

Other then what agi_shi replied you're fine with that graphics card in the SLI mobo. I was just pointing out that if you wanted 2 in there envetually then it would be best to keep things matched. (crossfire mobo with ATI card or SLI mobo with nVidia card)

Thanks guys I took your advice and got a newhard drive and got a different graphics car, not the one u mentioned but I thought I would just stay with nvidia and get a 7900 gs. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back