TechSpot

Findables smartphone case includes QR code with owner's information

By Shawn Knight
Aug 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Losing your smartphone can put a damper on even the best of days and while programs like Find my iPhone can go a long way to helping you recover what’s yours, often times you’re left having to rely on the...

Read more
  2. Privacy cries coming in 3...2....1
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,912   +362

Seeing as you can choose what to put on the profile, theres nothing wrong with this IMO.
  4. Eh? Never heard of a sharpie? Or even as a locked screen background? Most decent people will, if the phone is unlocked, just call "mom" or "home". There are cheaper ways to do this.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,939   +899

This will never work. If someone steals an iPhone, they want to keep it or sell it. Very few people nowadays actually return stuff they find sadly :(. Trust me, I have experience.
  6. penn919

penn919 TS Enthusiast Posts: 154   +12

Obviously this concept wasn't intended to address theft. It's merely intended to help good Samaritans find owners of misplaced phones.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,026   +736

A pretty useless thing to have in my country. Over here nobody 'looses' or 'misplaces' a phone. They are stolen, even at the expense of the owners life.
    JC713 likes this.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,026   +736

'Good Samaritans'. Aren't they all but extinct. Hopefully a few still exist but you don't come across them everyday. Pity.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.