Finding an In-expensive Flatscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadcell

Hey techies i was thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 530s desktop, changing some of the hardware (graphics card, power supply, possibly sound card) and putting it into a new case with some LEDs and neon strips (hey, if I'm paying that much, at least i want it to look cool!) (Not like it's really that expensive the PC is 349$ but I'm only 13.

But to get the matching screen (17") it's like 549$, so I'm thinking why do i need to pay that much for a screen? I wanted to know if there were any good (not super hi-tech macho but descent) flatscreen or almost-flatescreen (not a whole 12 inches behind it) monitor that i could buy?? I'm thinking anywhere from 80-140$ I don't know if those system specs are that important, but here's the website for the system:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspndt_53xs?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

thanks to all who reply PS can anyone recommend a site with some nice speakers that are actually colored/LED or something cool but not too outrageos. I'm just tired of seeing light gray and black speakers on every site i look at!

Hello fellow DCF.
1.you're better getting the monitor in the package offered.
2.you do realize the 530s is a slimline desktop model that upgrading options are very limited if not impossible for what you're thinking of doing to save a few bucks. For example what kind of video card are you going to put in it? A low-profile, half-height card is all you can use. Also with slimline desktops what kind of psu are you thinking of since for the most part you're stuck with what you got. Transferring to a new case is not really a good idea, the regular 530 is more suited. Or go to the outlet and pick-up a 520 (cheaper).

I reckon that if you are thinking of all these non-standard options, you should not buy Dell anyway. There used to be a really good outlet in downtown Loo'ville - maybe on Jefferson -that did all sorts of deals - I'm sorry but its years since I was there and have long since forgotten what it was called.

AlbertLionheart said:
I reckon that if you are thinking of all these non-standard options, you should not buy Dell anyway. There used to be a really good outlet in downtown Loo'ville - maybe on Jefferson -that did all sorts of deals - I'm sorry but its years since I was there and have long since forgotten what it was called.
Why would you never buy a Dell?
BTW: The factory outlet is on the internet, it's not a physical location. It must be years long gone I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back