Finished HDD Hirens boot help

tesher07

So my hard drive decided to give out after giving me several clicking noise warnings and when I decided to back up a few days before it failed so that's not an option. The problem I am having is that when I boot with Hirens boot cd and load windows mini xp, it boots for around 5 or so minutes and then bsods. I have used this CD previously when my other hard drive failed and it booted fine, so I have no clue why it is doing it now. I am unsure if this will help but the code it gives me is

*** STOP: 0x00009086

Do you still get the BSOD's even with the failed drive disconnected from the PC?

If you still get the BSOD's after disconnecting the HDD, then there is something else wrong. You can try another copy of Hirens Boot CD and see if that helps as well.

Ok I'll try unplugging it to see if if works.if it works when I unplug it, how should I go about checking if I have anything on the HDD still? Also if it doesnt work, what could be causing the bsod?

At this point since you think you are experiencing HDD issues, I believe the best thing to do is to remove the drive and purchase another to get your system back up and going. Then after you have a stable system once more you can worry about data salvage.

There are people who donate their time to BSOD analysis, to be honest I'm not one of them.
For BSOD's assistance:

Ok, as for the Hiren's CD screwing up on Mini XP boot, they fixed that in the new release of the software package. I would recommend downloading the new package and burning it onto a disk.

Back