Firefox 12/13 problems

vomacka

I recently loaded Firefox 12 and 13 on my WinXP system, but it looks weird.

ALL the lettering on the menus and tabs are a silver/grey color that does not show up. I can't even see the menu buttons and bookmarks clearly. The words are almost invisible.

I also noticed that the status bar at the bottom is gone now. (Is there a way to get it back?)

Is Firefox 12/13 designed to work ONLY with Win7 and not XP SP3?

Perhaps I should just stay with my current version (3.6 works GREAT).

Scott

I recently loaded Firefox 12 and 13 on my WinXP system, but it looks weird.

ALL the lettering on the menus and tabs are a silver/grey color that does not show up. I can't even see the menu buttons and bookmarks clearly. The words are almost invisible.

I also noticed that the status bar at the bottom is gone now. (Is there a way to get it back?)

Is Firefox 12/13 designed to work ONLY with Win7 and not XP SP3?

Perhaps I should just stay with my current version (3.6 works GREAT).

Scott
I've got XP PRO MCE SP3 .With FF13 the only annoyance I've discovered is the speed dial duplicates the History. I came in here to start a thread on it till I saw your thread.
Where/how did you get your copy of Firefox? I'd suggest you get it here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ or click Help>About Firefox & you might have to click check for updates.
Then see if its better.

I got my copy of 12 from doing a "download update" through the browser. I also downloaded the full versions of 12/13 from Mozilla. I have not tried loading/installing them yet. My problem is only with the downloaded update version.

Learninmypc, is your problem with the "download update" version or a new install?

Scott

I got my copy of 12 from doing a "download update" through the browser. I also downloaded the full versions of 12/13 from Mozilla. I have not tried loading/installing them yet. My problem is only with the downloaded update version.

Learninmypc, is your problem with the "download update" version or a new install?

Scott
"Download update" version but I'd imagine it don't matter. Even if its a NEW install,I hear one still gets it.

Back