Firefox 3.0 and Logitech.com issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain828

For whatever reason, I can't open Logitech's website in FF3; it works fine in IE7 though. I just get a blank page, but I can see the logitech favicon in the tab

I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but it doesn't work :(

... and no, i don't have any other website problems, they all load just fine, so no DNS problems

Logitech forums however work fine

is anyone else experiencing this problem? how can I fix it?

Thx in advance!

no, still a blank page

there has to be something wrong with my browser, someone said something about the javascript security or something like that; don't know exactly what he meant, perhaps someone more specialized (a web dev?) knows

hopefully - is your java run time up to date

Start -> Control Panel -> Java -> update tab -> check for updates

if one is found you should install it regardless (latest version is Java 6 update 7)

Then go to control panel -> add/remove programs (programs and features) -> and uninstall the older versions.

------------------------------------------------

I get the page to load also in Firefox 3. Check the Java settings:

Tools> Options> Content> Check 'enable javascript' and Check 'enable Java'.

See if that makes a difference.

Works for me to as much as I hate Logitech for a wireless mouse and keyboard that cost loads and that both eat batteries as fast as as a drumming bunny could .... plus said keyboard that doesn't work until the system has booted up! (just wait until you need to get into safe mode and the F8 key doesn't respond!)

@Bobbye: no dice

@marvin: i have an USB G15 keyboard and i have no problems "browsing" through the BIOS

also, my MX Revolution keeps charged for ~3days of intense gaming, and recharges @ full in 20min

unfortunately, they do cost more than your $10 mouse + keyboard, but their functionality and ergonomics is top grade. In the end it's all about tastes... and needs.

Curious. Have you tried going to the homepage from the forums?

When you say you can't access the page, what happens? Do you see 'done' in bottom left corner but no loaded page? Any message at all?

You can check the Event Viewer and see if there is an Error that corresponds to the time of the failed load.

did that too, but I get the same thing: a blank page, no error msg, nothing

event viewer says nothing about logitech.com

One more suggestion. If you are trying to access the site from a shortcut or Bookmark, that may be the problem:

Try this in the Address Bar: http://www.logitech.com/
If this accesses the page, delete the temporary internet files, History and Cookies, delete on previous shortcuts and Bookmarks and set new from the site.

I'm running out of suggestions! But these are my last ones:

1. Check the Event Viewer-again-for ANY Errors that occur when you have the failed load. (also, all you're said is that it won't load- exactly what happened when you try to access it? Does it say 'Done' with a blank screen? Does the hour glass keep spinning? Does it time out? Does it give any message at all? "Something" happens- what?

2. In Firefox> Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookie section> Exclusions> make sure this site isn't blocked.

3. You mention loading this site from a tab. Close ALL your tabs except for one- type http://www.logitech.com/
in the Address Bar> Go. Anything?

If none of this works, you will need to look at the add-ons/extensions you have on Firefox. IT is possible that one of them may be blocking the site. Best way is to remove one at a time, close FF, reopen and try to access. Follow this same order with each add-ons and see of you can find a culprit. Remember, the add-on won't be uninstalled until you close, then re-open FF.

First off I really want to thank you for your help :)

1. The event viewer still pops out nothing; also I said that I get a blank page, not that it doesn't load (I've attached an "image", if you can still call it an image :dead:); one weird thing is that if I try to view the page's source code, it's a blank! so it's gotta be something w/ my FF

2. I've already gone through that and it's not blacklisted

3. failed; got the "blank page of death" again :haha:

disabling the add-ons still didn't change the situation at all

I've never had problems with Logitech.com in FF2, but since going to FF3 (since early Beta 2 I think) I get this BPOD... sure, I can live with IE for logitech.com to get my drivers, but this sure is frustating

Don't know what else to do except to tell you to delete temporary internet files, History and Cookies. As I'm sure you know, sometimes work on a site will cause a failed load if old files on on the system.

Also, check your download folder-Tools> Downloads-and make sure you have the final V3,. not the RC3. I got the RC3 by mistake and had some problems. All were resolved once I got the final.

Since it's only the one site-that I know of-We probably shouldn't get too much more involved. It's NOT FF3- only if an add-on to FF3 is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back