Firefox and downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

Hi there,

I have a problem with my firefox browser. As I downloaded a file (.torrent) last time, i clicked by mistake on save file and remember action... But what i want is for firefox to open the file automatically... he did it before, I just don't know where to change this setting back...
Anyone help please...

Top of the browser - Tools
On the pulldown menue under Tools - Options...
Options window - Downloads Tab (cardboard box with green arrow)
Downloads Tab - [View & Edit Actions] Button (bottom left)

Now you can edit what actions are taken for each specific file type to your hearts content.

I use Firefox 2.
And I'm sorry but I know what you mean... but the download tab in options isn't there... And I simply cannot find where to set those options for different file types else!!
Please help!

I think you want to change it in Windows, not Firefox. Look in Control Panel, Folder Options and File Types.

You're asking for Firefox to automatically open the file downloaded right after it's completed?

yes i want firefox to open the file as soon as it is downloaded... how do i configure that... for the moment he saves it in a folder i specified... there is nothing in that manage window in content that i could change to make it work... help

oh, and i don't think taht the problem lies with windows... i know what you mean mailpup, but its not that... thx

doesn't work that way, either:
download and save
OR
open from the Internet itself

Personally, I've placed a Shortcut to Downloads on the Desktop
and always use download, use an AV scan over it, and THEN open :)

jobeard said:
doesn't work that way, either:
download and save
OR
open from the Internet itself

Yeah, I would like to have that choice, but my firefox saves files automatically... but I want him to open certain file types immediatly... So how can I change that setting back? Or reset it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back