Firefox and downloads.

By Jungchen
Jan 30, 2007
  1. Hi there,

I have a problem with my firefox browser. As I downloaded a file (.torrent) last time, i clicked by mistake on save file and remember action... But what i want is for firefox to open the file automatically... he did it before, I just don't know where to change this setting back...
    Anyone help please...
  2. Thrudd

Thrudd TS Member Posts: 47

Top of the browser - Tools
    On the pulldown menue under Tools - Options...
    Options window - Downloads Tab (cardboard box with green arrow)
    Downloads Tab - [View & Edit Actions] Button (bottom left)

Now you can edit what actions are taken for each specific file type to your hearts content.
  3. Jungchen

Jungchen TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

I use Firefox 2.
    And I'm sorry but I know what you mean... but the download tab in options isn't there... And I simply cannot find where to set those options for different file types else!!
    Please help!
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

In Firefox 2.0.* the filetypes are set in Options -> Content, there should be a "Manage" button at the bottom.
  5. Jungchen

yeah i found that too... but there is nothing in that box! shouldn't there be something?
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I think you want to change it in Windows, not Firefox. Look in Control Panel, Folder Options and File Types.
  7. N-Guy

N-Guy TS Rookie Posts: 105

You're asking for Firefox to automatically open the file downloaded right after it's completed?
  8. Jungchen

yes i want firefox to open the file as soon as it is downloaded... how do i configure that... for the moment he saves it in a folder i specified... there is nothing in that manage window in content that i could change to make it work... help

oh, and i don't think taht the problem lies with windows... i know what you mean mailpup, but its not that... thx
  9. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,150   +597

doesn't work that way, either:
    download and save
    open from the Internet itself

Personally, I've placed a Shortcut to Downloads on the Desktop
    and always use download, use an AV scan over it, and THEN open :)
  10. Jungchen

Yeah, I would like to have that choice, but my firefox saves files automatically... but I want him to open certain file types immediatly... So how can I change that setting back? Or reset it??
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.