TechSpot

Firefox approaches 1 billion downloads

By Justin
Jul 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefox has come a long way since it spawned from Mozilla five years ago, and has achieved many milestones worthy of celebration. Another one is on the way; with Mozilla announcing that they are nearing a total of one billion downloads. They are excited enough about the prospect of this happening soon that they have announced the opening of a site next week that will cover Firefox\'s history and its immense growth.

Read the whole story

2. firefox is clunky, slow, and ugly. Why is it so popular? I suspect it's mostly pc users who are trying to get away from the even worse IE......People, Safari is available to you too! Go get it!

3. How is Firefox ugly and it is only as ugly as you make it, with its customization you can make it look however you like. To make thing worst after crying down Firefox you then go and praise Safari unbelievable.

4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,595

That's certainly your opinion, and personally I cannot stand Safari's interface. It's too bubbly and to me looks ugly. Not to mention, Safari isn't available for Linux and doesn't support the immense library of plugins that Firefox does. If you want functionality, Firefox has safari beat six ways from Sunday - not to mention it is fully skinnable. Anyone complaining about the way Firefox "looks" is simply lazy.

5. long live the fox

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

I think the fox is great, but I have a feeling my beloved Opera is going bye bye

7. Firefox? Ehhh, not so bad. Nothing compared to Avant Browser though.
    Now when people start talking about Opera and Safari I just wanna laugh! Opera is the worst browser I've ever used. Seriously. I don't really know about Safari but I defintely won't be using anything that was born under Apple's wing.

8. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Wow I can't believe people are still comparing Firefox to Safari, just wow.

9. My choice is Maxthon, the most widely used browser in China.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.