Firefox is disrupting the layout of website

By hardknocktv
Nov 30, 2006
  1. Layout looks fine when browsed through Explorer or Safari but for some reason the layout looks disrupted when browsed through Firefox. This is the first website I have built and would really appreciate any guidance as to why this may be happening and how to correct it. The website is

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Put the spacer.gif to the server instead of your hard disk ;)
  3. hardknocktv

hardknocktv TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just added the spacer gif. But nothing changed. Any suggestions?
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Your website shows glitches in both IE7 & Opera for me (on top of Firefox). I think it need some serious bug fixing.

Other then that, nice site, I'm watching some interviews on it right now. ;)
  5. hardknocktv

hardknocktv TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, Any ideas on how to go about fixing some of those bugs. I'm new to this.
  6. redmistpete

redmistpete TS Rookie Posts: 38

Try copying the page into a different web-site builedr software, then publish it again. I had the same problem with Microsoft frontpage - it was fine on IE but looked really dodgy on Firefox (like your page) so I copied all the pages into Blue Voda's free website-builder and published them through that. Works fine now! Just be aware that Firefox is incapable of doing some of the things that IE can like page transitions, free-floating background images etc..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.