TechSpot

Firefox on a flash drive?

By learninmypc
Jun 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I don't recall where in here I saw it, but somebody mentioned downloading firefox to & installing it on a flashdrive so it could be used from from a flashdrive? Is it that simple & if so, can it be set up like a regular browser with addons?? TIA
  2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 897   +39

3. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,060   +19

Hi, Yes it can be done and works very well. In fact I keep portable version on my Verbatim 4GB flash stick as I have to use other pc's from time to time, and it's good to know I have my own browser.
    In fact it's a good idea to install a menu/launcher system first, then you can launch other portable software from your flash stick.
    There are several systems, all very similar, it's a matter of choice and 'look'.
    'PortableApps' was the first one I think, and I currently use 'Codysafe', and others are around too.
    When I launch the menu off the stick it looks like this in the lower right corner of my screen, on any pc I use.
    I take a few programs with me, as public pc's usually are fairly minimal set-ups.
    codysafe_menu.jpg
  4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,231   +232

I'm lovin' it. Thank you both.(y)(y):)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.