Firefox problem

ingeborgdot

I have a problem with Firefox 36.12 When I go into the options to set tabs and web browsing tools, I set to new tab and check and uncheck certain boxes and hit save but every time I close out of firefox when I start it again I have to redo it all over again. Anyone know what is wrong?

Delete the localstore.rdf file in your profile folder.

Maybe. lol

Mine was located in:

C: >> Users >> "my user name" >> AppData >> Roaming >> Mozilla >> Firefox >>Profiles >> ["random numbers and letters"].default

Probably a file of firefox has been corrupted which saves preference in a particular file. I advise u to take a backup of all the tabs and bookmarks by adding xmarks addon and then reinstall firefox with the new install all over again. then again reload the firefox plugin "xmark" and synchronize all ur settings. This should solve ur problem dude

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It actually goes to the google search is the problem that I am having. I was too stupid to think it was FF. It is in the google search when I go to tabs and set new tab every time I do a search to get a new tab.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It actually goes to the google search is the problem that I am having. I was too stupid to think it was FF. It is in the google search when I go to tabs and set new tab every time I do a search to get a new tab.

Now I'm confused. o_o

When you open a new tab it takes you to Google instead of a blank page; is that the issue?

Sometimes my intelligence is lower than a $2 bill. I was in a hurry when I wrote my explanation. Sorry for my stupidity. Actually FF is fine, it is my google search that is not. When I go into the search box and type in a search I have the box checked to open a new tab when I do a search. Every time I start FF over it clears the box and unless I check it the new tab does not come up. It just goes over the existing page I have and I have to do a back to get back to where I was. Does that make sense now? Sorry again for my lack of intelligence. I guess I should have taken my time and explained myself better. :)

lulz You're not stupid. All of us frequently fall prey to The Great Satan that is modern computing!

Are you using an add-on that gives you the Google search box you mentioned? FF, of course, has a built in search box on the top right, but I wasn't aware of an option to make it open searches in a new tab. See, it may be I who is learning here. xD

If I go to ... Tools >> Options >> Tabs ... then I see five check box options:

1.) Open new windows in a new tab instead.
2.) Warn me when closing multiple tabs.
3.) Warn me when opening multiple tabs might slow down Firefox.
4.) Always show the tab bar.
5.) When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately.

None of these five options seem to be related to the built in search bar. Where is the little check box to open searches in a new tab you mentioned?

The add on is the google toolbar with search box. Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

• google.PNG
    google.PNG
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
Back