Firewall disabled after running Malwarebytes and update to service pack 3

i recently installed windows service pack 3 and ran a scan using malwarebytes, the following day i realized my firewall was off an would not restart. After employing the route:
cp->services->windows firewall/ics = start
the error message "cannot start ics because required file is missing"

And what did a remove and reinstall do for you? You should be able to uninstall and reinstall Service Pack 3... though that will mean re-installing a number of Windows updates.
Have you noticed any other performance issues.
You might have to run Windows in repair install, or System restore.

i recently installed windows service pack 3 and ran a scan using malwarebytes, the following day i realized my firewall was off an would not restart. After employing the route:
cp->services->windows firewall/ics = start
the error message "cannot start ics because required file is missing"
What antivirus do you use? Is it just an antivirus or a "security suite"?

Point being.... are you sure your machine relies on the Windows firewall? Or might you have a 3rd party firewall installed which would turn off Windows firewall? just a point to double check

@ Lookin Around I use Avg regular antivirus not a suite,so there are no firewalls on the system
@Raybay the system wont allow a system restore i'll try the reinstallation and let u know what happens

@ ruready2 your suggestion still does that resolve my problem, i dont know if my computer may have contracted a potent malicious program as my anti virus now detects one in the system 32 folder but say files are inaccessible, when a force removal is done

Back