Firewall

By LyricallyIsane1
Mar 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does any1 know how to keep the firewall from turnin off? everytime I boot up my system I always have to turn on the firewall & configure it.

Your help is appreciated
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

What firewall are you using and do you have any antivirus software installed?

Regards Howard :)
  3. LyricallyIsane1

LyricallyIsane1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 30

I use my regular firewall plus my Zone alarm Internet security suite firewall. But the one im talkin about is the regular firewall Microsoft provided. So everytime time I boot up my system I always have to turn on the firewall cuz it always appears to be turned off. So how can I keep it on or doesn't matter since im usin ZA's firewall?
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Zonealarm`s firewall will automatically disable the Windows firewall, This is by design, in order to stop any conflicts.

However, it`s not really a problem as Zonealarm`s firewall is far better than the Windows firewall.

In any case, you shouldn`t have more than one firewall running at the same time due to possible conflicts.

Just forget about the Windows firewall altogether and stick with Zonealarm.

Regards Howard :)
  5. LyricallyIsane1

LyricallyIsane1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 30

Ok thank you Howard. You've very helpful & your're molding me into a better tech.
    Your help is appreciated
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.