First build - no video, no POST

System;
Intel D945GCL mobo w/ on board graphics
Intel Pentium D 930 Dual Core
one 2Gb stick Micron DDR2 667MHz DIMM- mobo with support up to 4GB

Okay straight to the point;

I am not getting a POST although everything is powering up i.e. fans motherboard, HDD, and other peripherals. The Monitor however is not being provided with a signal.

I have tried everything I can find online to get this to boot up and nothing has worked so far. I have tried the setup in two separate towers and checked and triple checked all of my connections. Still no luck. When I remove my memory I get a three beep POST telling me my memory is not in properly and from my understanding that the mobo is not fried. No POST when the memory is in.

I have cleared the CMOS and attempted BIOS recoveries with no avail. I am at my wits end and I need to get this computer working. This is my final hope. Please Help Me!!!

P.S. I have just been offered the idea that my memory stick is not supported and that I should try two sticks of DDR2 256 Mb RAM. I will let you know how this goes.

Yes, I would try different RAM as well, and run them in dual channel (e.g. in pairs for best performance).

Yeah most likely the the RAM is defective. When it turns on does it make a beeping sequence at all?

Back