TechSpot

First clip from Steve Jobs biopic hits the web ahead of Sundance debut

By Shawn Knight
Jan 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A minute-long clip featuring Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak from the upcoming indie film jOBS has hit the web today courtesy of Entertainment Weekly. The snippet is set in the parking garage at Hewlett...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,069   +704

They're wise to cut off the film at the company's inception. His time at Apple would make for a controversial film. Do you show his real personality, which would make him look like a real jerk a lot of the time, or do you smooth it over because he was a genius who died too early and put up with the ensuing criticism?
    avoidz and Julio Franco like this.
  3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 802   +8

This is what they did in the 1999 TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. For the longest time I just had odd feelings when I saw Jobs. Then I watched the movie about 3 years ago and saw how much of a jerk and how rude he was. Pretty much verified how I as feeling, lol.

Still, I'm interested in this movie. It will be odd seeing Ashton in this role, but I'll still give it a look.
    avoidz likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,806   +542

The guy was a genius, over-compulsive pain in the a$$, and one hell of a tech geek.

Put this all in a movie - nobody will want to watch it.

When I watched Pirates of Silicon Valley I thought even that was smoothed out. But Ashton, excuse me, is a wuss, I expect something way off Job's real life.
    avoidz likes this.
  5. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

It looks like some kind of bad sketch comedy.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,534   +316

Like many have said, it's just a clip, but the whole thing looks off... seems Woz believes the same: gizmodo.com/5978777

What we need is a second part for Pirates, which remains a great movie for the early days of Apple and Microsoft.
  7. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

This. I would love nothing more than a Pirates of Silicon Valley 2.
    avoidz likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.