First Crysis 2 screenshots revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member

Not a whole lot to read, but at least something nice to see. Crytek released today the first two official screenshots of upcoming first person shooter Crysis 2. The title is slated for release later this year and unlike its predecessor it will no longer be a PC exclusive, with plans to make a simultaneous launch for the PC, Xbox and PS3 platforms. Crysis 2 will use Crytek’s proprietary graphics engine that is expected to be further showcased during next week's Game Developers Conference.

Crysis 2 official screenshot

Crysis was known for taking a big toll on PC hardware. More likely than not, Crytek developers will have learned a good lesson about scalability this time around. Either way, the screenshots look nothing short of amazing, showing some city destruction and fighting scenes with an incredible level of detail. Certainly look forward playing this before the end of the year.

Permalink to story.

I think they must've learned their lesson. I doubt a 360 can put out that much horsepower and the PS3 hasn't been fully tapped yet so I'm not sure what it can do. I think console support alone pretty much suggests it'll be a normal game and not just a PC benchmark.

Sweet! I enjoyed the hell out of the first two Crysis games and fortunately had a decent enough rig to see the visuals at a very high level. Really amazing stuff....

I hope it won't be as much as a hardware monster as the first Crysis and it's expansion..

Crysis and Crysis Warhead still looks superb today compared to recent games. this new screenshot looks even more amazing. Crysis 2 on consoles may have a reduced graphics a bit, but on PC it will still push your hardware to the limit

That looks amazing! And it is yet another reason to upgrade my GPU, which is somewhat lacking in the performance category.

Wow this is incredible. I hope they fixed some of the performance issues from cryengine 2,ram leaks,unoptimized,bad CF/SLI support. I hope when I get my HD 5870 it will run this beast.

red1776 - to be honest, I can't remember the exact settings I used. Now Warhead had a different ceiling than Crysis. It was a lot less power-hungry. I usually start my games at max settings and work down if I have issues, and I don't think I made many if any adjustments with Warhead.

I am really looking forward to this sequel I was a big fan of not only the graphical benchmark that the original gave but the actual game-play was quite enjoyable as well. I will definitely be getting the PC version so that I can see the stunning graphics that will be available on it, but I will definitely have to upgrade my GPU by then.

codephoenix said:
I don't think those are in game screens.
Safe bet those ARE screenshots from in-game, since it looks very similar to the in-game graphics of Crysis & Warhead. Doubt it'll look anything like that on consoles though, LOL.

Those are awesome :) . I'll have to do a complete upgrade this year for so many good games...man I'm lagging behind :'( .

I think one of the main reasons why Crysis is made, is to boost video card sales. In order to run this game with decent frames, is to have $800 worth of video cards in your rig. That is just way too much money for a video game.

ryan29121 said:
I think one of the main reasons why Crysis is made, is to boost video card sales. In order to run this game with decent frames, is to have $800 worth of video cards in your rig. That is just way too much money for a video game.

Why would Crytek do that? As far as i know they don't profit from GPU sales.

Jeez. How long did Crysis first take to develop and here we are well into production of the sequel? I'm kinda shocked at how many games Crytek has been able to produce lately. Crysis, Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, and now Crysis 2? How are they able to churn these out so quick when the first Crysis took 6 years to make?

buttus said:
Jeez. How long did Crysis first take to develop and here we are well into production of the sequel? I'm kinda shocked at how many games Crytek has been able to produce lately. Crysis, Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, and now Crysis 2? How are they able to churn these out so quick when the first Crysis took 6 years to make?

Crytek have near 300 employees working on multiple continents. They are a big operation and once the engine is fully made and functional, churning out games on it doesn't take overly long. Churning out good games does though.

chazz said:
I think they must've learned their lesson. I doubt a 360 can put out that much horsepower and the PS3 hasn't been fully tapped yet so I'm not sure what it can do. I think console support alone pretty much suggests it'll be a normal game and not just a PC benchmark.

Kojima claimed MGS4 was running the PS3 at its max, and he was disappointed by the graphics.
I'm sure they'll revamp the engine again for MGS Rising.

With some more optimizing, I think the PS3 can match this Crysis 2 screenshot.

I have the Crysis 1 Demo, it was a great game...(one of the best games, i have ever played) i cant wait to see the new one... i'm going to get it soon it comes out.

Crysis and Crysis Warhead were the best PC games I have ever played. I had to play them on medium settings though thanks to my 9500GT. Crysis 2 may just make me upgrade so I can enjoy it to its full potential.

The screenshots look sick!

Wondering how will the difference in graphics will be between PC and consoles. Cheaper to buy it on a console than upgrading my pc?

Urban Warfare, oh my. If those screenshots are the actual gameplay then I am sold already.

I've seen the new engine of Crytek in PS3, it lags a bit. Now is the real war between PC and Consoles, lets see how the consoles fair this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back