First error message HM641JI on Sony VAIO

sarasa1989

Hello, it is the first message I have gotten along with messages that say that failure is imminent. I am backing up the computer, but I need advice on how to fix it and it it is possible that the error will just "go away"

Thank you in advance!

I thought I might give more info...it's a Sony vaio f series and the error is with the Samsung hm641ij and I haven't switched in the computer since lat night.i am using my phone. Thank you again for any help

Okay... Seeing as there are no replies...the smart error message has not gone away. In that case, is it worth replacing the hard disk?? Or should I get a new computer?

I have norton 360 and I haven't done a virus scan since...should I go ahead and do one? Or use some other anti virus scan because norton has skipped some stuff before.

And yes to the windows home
Premium service pack

And I did a complete system recovery and it didn't fix the problem either all I am hoping for is suggestions, if there are any. The model is VPCF 126FM it seems like the hard drive is hard to come by...I out of warranty and would like to avoid Sony unless I absolutely have to

Did you perform a full restore without saving files? Did you run the temp file cleaner and perform a scan with MSE?

Ues I did a full restore...I have my files saved elsewhere. This was done after I used MSE and TFC. MSE came up clean and TFC cleanes up my temp folders.

Okay,
this message is from the hard drive Samsung 640GB SATA, 5400RPM HM641JI . You can replace it with any SATA notebook hard drive

Back