First Ever Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichitapavel

This Christmas I'm gonna build my first desktop, for some gaming, photo and video editing, no overclock(I doubt my motherboard would handle it ), I have a list of components but want some pro advice:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (usb 3.0 is important) (120)
CPU: Intel Core i5 750(180)
GPU: HIS ATI RADEON HD 5770 (140)
SSD: Kingston SSDNOW V Series 40GB(100)
HDD: Samsung HD103UJ 1TB SATA2 32MB MAESTRO(70)
RAM: OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold Low Voltage 4GB 2x2GB(100)
PSU: NOX SoNAR 580W Modular(66) for webpage go to nox-xtreme.com
Case : Antec 300(50)

(#) are the prices in euros, if somebody can recommend another SSD I would be happy to check the SSD since my choice is damn hard to find online, and the PSU is not the strongest point in my list, if somebody can point to me another PSU under 75 euros I would happily check the PSU.

Anticipated thanks to everyone's help and advices!

I would suggest Corsair 650TX PSU. The power supply is very important so don't go cheap on it.

It should handle 2 HD 5770s. I didn't know you were going for a multi GPU setup. Then why did you pick that 580W PSU in the first place?

Also the Antec 300 is a bad choice if you want to go CrossFire.

It should handle 2 HD 5770s. I didn't know you were going for a multi GPU setup. Then why did you pick that 580W PSU in the first place?

Also the Antec 300 is a bad choice if you want to go CrossFire.

I won't go Crossfire right now, after some time, when prices will go down.
What other case would you recommend? keeping under 60 euros would be very nice.

Wait on the SSD's until after Christmas. There is very rapid development there, and you will see major price drops and significant improvements by February that will make the wait worth it.

The least I can possibly recommend would be the CoolerMaster CM 690. It's just a mid-tower but has plenty of room and decent airflow. And it's also cheap.

However, when going CF people usually recommend full tower cases. With 2 HD 5770s the CM 690 will be fine I think. But if you look for accommodating 3 cards sometime later then get a bigger case.

The least I can possibly recommend would be the CoolerMaster CM 690. It's just a mid-tower but has plenty of room and decent airflow. And it's also cheap.

However, when going CF people usually recommend full tower cases. With 2 HD 5770s the CM 690 will be fine I think. But if you look for accommodating 3 cards sometime later then get a bigger case.

Thank you for the suggestion, I read a review and most probably I'm gonna by this CoolerMaster case.
Now that all my questions were answered I just need to thank you for all the help you accorded to me, I'm am very happy that I posted here, I'm gonna recommend this site all people I know, thank you very much!!!

P.S.: I don't have any plans going triple Crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back