TechSpot

First fake-installer Trojan for OS X spotted in the wild

By Jos
Dec 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Mac OS X users don't typically have to worry about malicious software, but with the platform's popularity on the rise we're starting to see more and more malware targeting Apple's operating system. Just this week researchers at Russian anti-virus company...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,963   +1,483

I'm not a Mac user but I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone. What I do wish for is the creator of this virus to choke on their food tonight.
  3. Those who first start's to sell "cure" for this "trojan" are most likely the one who made them actually!
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

SMS based fee's are totally bogus. I wonder if there's a way to prevent such activities?
  5. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Proof or GTFO...
  6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,406   +314

take it easy - - he's allowed his opinion just as you are. That line of reasoning has been with PCs since the first A/V software arrived and has good empirical data (eg how to find, work out a fix and get it distributed in one-two days if one is not familiar with the details in the first place? Yea, we all know about boy wonders and how good they are - - but the implications are irresistible.)

Personally, I disdain an installer that needs another media to get the product installed/activated.
    When you're on a PC, the there are sufficient means to complete any task - - same when you're on your cellphone. When / If I see this behavior, I abort the install and look for another product.
  7. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 56

Wow your retarded. He didn't state a fact but rather an opinion. chill out dude.
  8. Will techspot forum also open tech support/malware removal for user with infected mac? :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.