TechSpot

First Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 benchmarks hit the web

By Jos
Jun 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Benchmarks for Qualcomm’s highly anticipated Snapdragon 800 SoC finally hit the web last night as a handful of publications convened in San Francisco for a day of testing and poking around. Although there’s still some waiting ahead before we see...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +749

I wonder if these chips will run into the same sort of thing the PC market has started to hit, which is any performance gains start to be unnoticeable for a non-gamer. Bummer about battery life, that's what every user will care about.

I should hope so. I would think any chip that has to care about battery life would have worse performance than one that has the luxury of a wall socket.

SantistaUSA likes this.
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

That is quite a large leap.

4. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

This is the chip that will be in the Note 3 in a few months, I just hope Samsung doesn't make it just a bigger version of the S4, I'm expecting a "phablet" that will blow away all phones but won't be for everyone with a 6 inch edge to edge screen.

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

"For good measure, Anandtech also included benchmark comparisons pitting the Snapdragon 800 against entry level desktop graphics chips."

That was worth it! It's interesting to see just how far these tiny chips have come and how close our mobile devices can equate to a desktop computer. Faster than a Nvidia GT 7800. That puts it in the Half-Life 2 generation of games. Which is a many years behind, but still fun times.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

Wow. Great leap.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.