TechSpot

First zero-day Windows 7 flaw published; not a great risk

By Justin
Nov 13, 2009
  1. Windows 7 has brought a lot to the table, not the least of which is improved security architecture that helps make it safer than previous versions. It isn't impenetrable though, and the first zero-day exploit for the new OS was discovered earlier this week.

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,251   +409

Mmm indeed it doesn't, flash news was way worse.

This can be easily repaired, and we will probably see a soon enough security patch on next updates.

3. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

not really a security issue...more a bug, that the system locks up..

4. So you've got one on win 7> PLZ Give the team a break..

Windows 7 is by far the best OP system released to date!! & I'm sure all will be sorted in time :D

Bet you have wet farted once or twice: but did you POST it .COM {@v@}

Regards

Trev Newcastle...

5. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

Dont see what you are complaing about, there is a flaw...this article describes the problem... and also say its not a big deal.

Still good to get a heads up on the issue, how small the problem now might be its stil worth a mention.

..Windows 7 kicks *** by the way.. :eek:)

6. IvanAwfulitch

IvanAwfulitch TS Booster Posts: 218   +11

Considering the potential flaws that it could have had, this is like a drip of water hitting them in the face. Easily wiped away with a towel or even their shirt sleeve. A system lock up? "OH NO I HAVE TO RESTART MY COMP- oh wait...hey that's not so bad. I just won't do that again."

A quick Patch Tuesday and you'd hardly have known this flaw ever existed. Bang up job MS! The OS has been out for a while and hardly any major flaws detected yet! Keep up the good work.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.