TechSpot

First zero-day Windows 7 flaw published; not a great risk

By Justin
Nov 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windows 7 has brought a lot to the table, not the least of which is improved security architecture that helps make it safer than previous versions. It isn't impenetrable though, and the first zero-day exploit for the new OS was discovered earlier this week.

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,237   +79

Mmm indeed it doesn't, flash news was way worse.

This can be easily repaired, and we will probably see a soon enough security patch on next updates.
  3. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 294

not really a security issue...more a bug, that the system locks up..
  4. So you've got one on win 7> PLZ Give the team a break..

Windows 7 is by far the best OP system released to date!! & I'm sure all will be sorted in time :D

Bet you have wet farted once or twice: but did you POST it .COM {@v@}

Regards

Trev Newcastle...
  5. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 294

Dont see what you are complaing about, there is a flaw...this article describes the problem... and also say its not a big deal.

Still good to get a heads up on the issue, how small the problem now might be its stil worth a mention.

..Windows 7 kicks *** by the way.. :eek:)
  6. IvanAwfulitch

IvanAwfulitch TS Enthusiast Posts: 239   +11

Considering the potential flaws that it could have had, this is like a drip of water hitting them in the face. Easily wiped away with a towel or even their shirt sleeve. A system lock up? "OH NO I HAVE TO RESTART MY COMP- oh wait...hey that's not so bad. I just won't do that again."

A quick Patch Tuesday and you'd hardly have known this flaw ever existed. Bang up job MS! The OS has been out for a while and hardly any major flaws detected yet! Keep up the good work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.