Flash bios for Dell XPS m1530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im wondering if someone could help me with my dell xps m1530. Its a blank screen no dell logo cant go to bios set up. the power button when you turned on it will light up for only 2 seconds and it will gone no POST, the fan is working and the driver slot but when i inserted a dvd it cant eject anymore the dvd continue to spin. I've tried a lot of things like holding the power button for 30-1min. remove the ram and put it back nothing happens so im worried that my board is dead. And when i read some forum about the flash bios, Im wondering if you can help me out to flash my xps bios. I spent $1600 on my dell xps m1530. I called DELL already but no one helped me out, it said that my laptop is 14 months old and out of warranty and i dont want to pay $45 for diagnostic because i know it will only end up to dead motherboard. My Dell xps SPECS ( intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz, 3 ram gb, 360gb hdd, nvidia m 8600GT.

I would really appreciate for any help,
Thank you very much

You can't flash the BIOS on a machine that won't post, and that's unlikely to be the source of your problem anyway.
You seem to be saying it won't boot from a CD/DVD.
You could try re-seating the hard drive, but this isn't looking good.
Have there been other, previous problems? Have you ever dropped or kicked this machine? Have you tried booting with the battery removed?

You likely have a hardware issue. The computer is old enough that the hard drive has failed from wear or perhaps from impact while running.
Hard drives are cheap, and easily replaced. If you have the Dell reinstall disk, then you just boot to that disk after the drive is installed.
Then use an external USB enclosure to rescue your data from the drive that is trouble. After all the data is retrieved, you can try a full removal of partition and reformat as a slave.
Or it could be another type of hard ware failure such as power supply, motherboard, cpu fan, memory failure... something needs replacement.
But as hughva suggests, you cannot do anything without repairing the hardware problem.

The only thing i remember is when the laptop is on it automatically shutdown and when i turned it on the power light and harddrive light flash but no screen or dell logo and i press the power button again and it run. On the next day i leave my laptop on for 3hours and it updates when i shut it down. After 2 hours i turned my laptop on but unluckily it wont run anymore its a blank screen.The fan is working it wiil only spin for a seconds and stop but after 30-1hours while the laptop is on the fan will spin again and keep spinning due to the heat so i think the fan is good. If flashing the bios is not the solution there is no hope.
I just read a forum about the acer blank screen they just use a thumb drive to bring back to normal the laptop by holding the Fn+esc button before turning on the laptop and release pressing when it on then flash the bios..

Thank You for all your concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back