TechSpot

Flash Drive not showing in my computer

By king_brewer
Aug 31, 2007
  1. I am hopping someone can help me with this problem. I am currently running XP Media Edition and evreytime I plug in my flash drive or IPOD I am unable to use them. They appear in device manager with no errors or problems, but they do not appear anywhere else. Most specifically they do not appear in My Computer or ITunes (for the Ipod).
    If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance...

2. carls

carls TS Rookie

mybe you beed go to control panel - Administrative Tools -Computer Management and on disk management give a letter for this driver

3. king_brewer

king_brewer TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried that, but it didn't work. I could view the files while in the disk managment, but still could not find it on windows explorer, my computer, or anywhere else.

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

go to computer management, disk management, and assign the device a letter. If you have U3 technology on the drive. Delete those files.

5. king_brewer

king_brewer TS Rookie Topic Starter

By assigning the ipod a drive letter, i was able to get itunes to detect it. But I still could not get anything else to see it. Still nothing for the flash drive.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.