Flash drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Help

When i inserted a USB Flash drive, i cannot locate the drive in My Computer.
Flash drive is seen in the task bar and in properties section. My operating system is Windows Xp professional with Sp2

Hello, Freddyy, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, see if this helps you: Flash drive recovery procedures

If the computer recognizes the drive is online, but windows doesn't see it- then try this: go to control panel, admin tools, computer management, disc management, and assign a letter to the drive.

I've noticed it takes an enormous amount of time to find a question I came across earlier so I could add to the post. The question was under `Flash Drive Problem'. Now, i can no longer find the question since I have just joined so that I could, as I have a similar problem.

Such problems aren't helped when people want help and instead of getting it, you get the usual *****s answering it with their own experiences without offering a resolution, or some fool using the forum just to show off how he built his own computer. So, please bear in mind if someone wants help and asks a question, they don't want these types wasting their valuable time. Its not fair on Tedster and others who genuinely want to help. Thanks.

glad to be of help. Most noobs, however, never bother to read the FAQs or the guides forum where 90% of the common questions have already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back