TechSpot

Flashing BIOS

By dann_celeron
Nov 12, 2004
  1. How long does it "typically" take to flash BIOS?

2. pc-bill

pc-bill TS Rookie

Careful

Depending on the means you use to flash the BIOS it only takes a couple of minutes, and that depends on whether you backup your old BIOS or not. Award has a utility that does a nice job and is quick, BUT I must caution anyone who even thinks about flashing the BIOS to check, check again, and then check again and verify, make absolutely certain you have downloaded the correct .bin file before you undertake this operation. I can attest to the fact that you can make your motherboard totally useless and worthless by using the wrong flash update.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with PC-Bill you need to be very careful if you intend to flash your bios.

May I ask why you are thinking of updating your bios?

Also would you please fill in your system specs in My.TS.Forum at the top of this page. (click on edit profile)

Once we have your specs we will be better equipped to help you with any problems you have or may encounter.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.