TechSpot

Flickr to ditch third-party login support later this month

By Shawn Knight
Jun 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo is moving forward with plans to discontinue access to its services using Facebook and Google logins. After removing the feature from its Tourney Pick'Em service earlier this year, the Mayer campaign is turning its attention to Flickr.

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 968   +99

Horrible decision, watch your traffic drop.
  3. Yeah I stopped using Flickr the moment they made me make a Yahoo account....
  4. trgz

trgz TS Rookie Posts: 51

Could they ditch the Yahoo login too whilst they're at it?
  5. It would be interesting to see if that happens. You can check this on those "Yahoo Market Share" graphs.

Yahoo tends to be around 10%, Google at around 66%, Bing 15%. It depends on which country.I think Yahoo's share went down a bit last year.
  6. S_Brideau

S_Brideau TS Rookie

Looks like Yahoo thinks doing like google will be like what google did. Remember them forcing you to have a google account for youtube? Youtube is big enough that they didn't have a significant hit, but Yahoo isn't as big. I personally think they will lose a lot of people this way.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.