Flight sim 2002 no explosions

By ptitterington
Oct 9, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just bought 2002pro and its all pretty nice, having to go to school and learn to fly.

My only gripe is that on the previous one I had 1998 when you crashed you really crashed.

now you just bounce off the ground or go through the trees and buildings.

Is there a patch to put all the realism back. Its just nice to know when you have messed up.
  2. SleeperDC

SleeperDC Newcomer, in training Posts: 193

maybe they don't want you to "sim" the 911. ;)

add:
    sorry i don't play flight sim, so i know nothing about it.
  3. ESRA

ESRA Newcomer, in training

I noticed exactly the same.

I think that I read that after that crash earlier this year microsoft altered the sim to stop the terrorists from using it to practice flying into buildings. I really dont understand eithre why the took the crash part away as it was the learning to fly bit that was a problem.
    It was probabley just too bad taste.:(

you should get a fighter sim if you like to crash anyway.
  4. ptitterington

ptitterington TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

I dont like to crash I just like to know the difference from a bad landing and a bad landing that wrecks the plane.

and it was september last year
  5. deskjet390

deskjet390 Newcomer, in training

ok yo fix this problem by going into the settings
    i know its kinda stupid but some people dont like the crashes so they are turned off by de-fault
    at least this is what i think......i have flight sim 2002 but havent played it in a while:p
  6. ptitterington

ptitterington TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

I tried that, It is not spectacular but it does let you know when the aircraft is overstressed and gives half hearted crashes. I still preferred the old crash and burn.:D
  7. Spyke

Spyke Newcomer, in training Posts: 56

Hi there. There is a download to put real damage effects into the planes, but I cant remember exactly where it is. Try searching the
    Fs2002 downloads at www.simviation.com ; It should be there somewhere!

:)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.