TechSpot

Fling.com Redirection Malware

Inactive
By evilfuzzer
Dec 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I have something on my computer. I have no idea where it came from. But every, about 4 seconds, a webpage I am visiting will be redirected to Fling.com. I've never even heard of the site. I have no idea where I could have gotten this virus from. But its annoying as hell.

I am using Firefox, and Vista SP1.

The odd thing about this virus is that its only affecting the first tab of browsing in Firefox. I've attached the three log files requested.

Thanks.

2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 931

Scans are clean & HJT does not raise suspicion.

Before using another scan tool, power off all computers connected to the home network. Power cycle the router / modems for the home network. Attach computers to the home network. Observe for changes.

If symptoms are still present, do the following

Scan with ComboFix
    Restart the computer
    Scan with HJT.
    Post logs & describe your progress.

Details -

3. evilfuzzer

evilfuzzer TS Rookie Topic Starter

I think it was that my Java version was not up to date. I updated it and then restarted my computer and found that the problem had not been fixed but about a day later it was no longer happening.

So, I'm not going to complain, thanks for your help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.