Floppy disk(s) error (40)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just purchased $1800 in a new computer and every time i boot up i get a Floppy disk(s) error (40). i can press F1 to continue to boot-up perfectly fine but i is really making me upset because i spent soooooo much money... And i don't even have a floppy??? i am lost. anyone know what to do to fix this?

You will need to disable Floppy in your Bios Setup

Other than the F1 key you see on system startup.
You should also notice another keypress message (possibly F2 or DEL)
Press that key to go into system Bios Setup
Once in there locate the enabled floppy drive (sometimes in two areas) and change it to Disabled (label may be slightly different)
Then save and exit (Which is usually F10 key)

All done :grinthumb

the sad thing is ...... i did all that already. i disabled both and it say floppy nowhere in my bios....... any other suggestions?

Who built the PC? Can't you contact the PC builder and get support? Isn't there a warranty?

If you have confirmed Bios states Disabled on floppy (possibly in two places!) then Saved and Exited.

Then this must be a faulty M/B
Actually I remember once I had a strange floppy error, and it was found to be the CPU (now that's strange!)

For that reason run Setup Defaults (or whatever the label states in Bios)
Save and exit
Then go back into Bios, and disable the floppy again
Save and exit

Still the same?
Return the faulty Motherboard or begin to Benchtest it

UGH i had a feeling it may be the mobo, but i was really hoping it not because this is the second already. the first one i got was fried so i am p/o about that already now this again!!!!! ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back