TechSpot

Florida-based smartphone maker bets on affordable, unlocked devices

By Jos
Mar 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Blu Products is not a household name in the smartphone world, but the Florida-based startup is trying to carve out a piece of the market with a range of affordable and unlocked offerings running stock Android. Their latest salvo includes...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

Yeah right they can take on Samsung... They don't have 400 million in advertising.

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +116

Did a quick look around the web and found mostly negative reviews. Mostly about firmware issues with the OS, also won't connect to 3G in the US, really bad camera, ect. The rugged one might be worth it as a 2nd phone for when going to the beach or boating and don't want to just leave the phone in the car. But I'm sure for under $200 you could get some kind of waterproof case for an existing phone or have it coated. For example Liquipel cost $60, but then you have to go without your phone for up to 5 days.

4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,110   +45

When they find a way where you can answer both calls at the same time, then call me and count me in.

5. Zoltan Head

Zoltan Head TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +27

You would probably need to pull in to the side of the road.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.