Flyakite Os X

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawls31

Didn't know if everyone was aware or not but in techspots download section FLYAKITE OS X has a Trojan in it.
It is a really cool program but I could do without the Trojan
Thought I would let everybody know.
It took a while to straighten my machine back out.

Could you please post some more details about it, like how did you find out that it had a trojan in it? If your PC got infected with a trojan how do you know it came from the Flyakite OS X download?

well I was installing it and spy sweeper caught it.
Or it said it did.I think what messed my computer up was the program itself.
I downloaded the program again from flyakites website and when I was installing it I got the same warning from spy sweeper.

I finally got everything straightened out and like I said before it is a very cool program and I don't use that word very often.

drawls31 said:
I downloaded the program again from flyakites website and when I was installing it I got the same warning from spy sweeper.

In that case my guess is that SpySweeper is making a bad detection. Either that or somethings really wrong with Flyakite.

The download from flyakites website is much better.
The program is kinda buggy,but It is pretty nice anyway.

I didn't mean for it to sound like bad publicity or anything I just wanted to give a heads up on the problem.

Cheers for the link.

I have downloaded the file and scanned it with SS&D/Ad-Aware se/AVG free/AVG Antispyware. None of them found anything suspicious.

Can you please supply details of exactly what Spy Sweeper says it found?

Regards Howard :)

I was stupid and deleted the file but it said warning spysweeper has identified
TROJ.wab trying to install itself.

As halo71 says, Google doesn`t come up with anything for trojan.wab. Are you sure you`ve got the name of the trojan correct?

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back