FN key icons are different

Slick21

Not sure if this is an issue, but awhile ago whenever I use the FN key to control the volume or
brightness on my laptop, they would always show as a big white circle spinning as I control it.
But now it's just a blue box with a yellow slider.

Anyone knows what this means? I'm using an ASUS X54C notebook with Windows 7 btw.

Possibly you made changes to, say, themes or other user experience categories ? It's sometimes fun to change something about the user interface, but in Win 7 especially, all sorts of things are inter-related. And that's before we take into account changes to driver software, and MS system updates.

Using function keys to control volume I presume must be a special portable feature, and must therefore be part of the portable's driver set. Any replacement of the hardware drivers will affect that, and that would include Win 7 having the arrogance to replace the keyboard driver without reference to you.

So good luck with that. I'd suggest you reset the user interface to default, but maybe you won't know what that is anyway.......and neither would I

Back