Folder Corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

One my folder was corrupted after i using Partition magic to merge the two partitions, when i open up the folder it said access is denied, i've tried use partition magic file browser to browsing but cant see anything file inside, whereas i use my avast scans it, avast able to scan the files inside the corrupted folder.
Pls help if there's other solution to retrieved those files from the folder. thanks

try running a check disk. go to my computer right click your hard drive select properties go to tools click on check disk put a check on both boxes and reboot.

If the folder has become corrupt, you aren't likely going to be able to recover the files in it. But if 'access is denied', it could be a permission issue, not corruption issue. Make sure you go in under the Administrator account.

as you said it wasn't folder corrupt, i've tried in safe mode administration account, but failed. Anyway i've retrieved those files by using Recovery file for window application. now the problem is how could i delete the folder, because it doens't allow me to delete.

Please Disable System Restore (howto)

Then download Move On Boot from h e r e

Once installed click on Start--> All Programs -->GiPo@Utilities-->MoveOnBoot
Browse to the folder you wish to delete
Click next, and then select Delete select Start

Restart
Confirm the folder was deleted

If it has gone, please re-enable System Restore

Reply back with the result

PST: Folders don't corrupt; the contents or the ACLs get corrupted.

If there's any problem after running a Partitioning tool, you better panic and reverify
the whole partition -- there will be other issues all over the place :(

the folder failed to deleted, due to Access is denied. I'm going to try use XP CD to repair the window, see whether it's work not.

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back